For example, when a company is in the middle of an online ad campaign, it may steer users to more than one landing page in order to test the effectiveness of each ad. Usually, a company will design one landing page per banner so the follow-up content matches the sell on the particular banner ad.
According to one expert, the Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page Usability are:
1. Too much introductory text
2. Not showing what your site offers to users
3. Using gratuitous animation and graphics
4. Not showing users where they have been on your site
5. Not telling users what the site or company does
6. Using a heading to label a search area
7. Making a homepage link on the homepage
For a full copy of this article, view the PDF archive here.
NetLingo Classification: Online Business