a.k.a. cross-border telecommuter -or- electronic immigrant

This term refers to anyone who leaves their country of origin to work at a high-tech job in another country. More specifically, it refers to those who leave America and move to smaller countries (for example, Ireland) because of booming tech-related economies or the opportunity to build something not yet done "over there." It is the opposite of brain drain.

See also : baron company  
NetLingo Classification: Online Jargon