The Largest List of Text & Chat Acronyms
Word of the Day
Word of the Day
Acronym of the Day
Jargon of the Day
Word of the Day Archive
Add Your Own Lingo
HTML Cheat Sheet
Acronyms for Parents
Popular Text Terms
Business Text Terms
NetLingo: The List
NetLingo: The Dictionary
NetLingo: PDF Guides
NetLingo: Online Store
Amazon's Best Selling Internet & Social Media Books
All Press Clippings
Television & Radio
Newspapers & Magazines
Web & Educational
Advertising & Sponsorships
Make Ad Payments
Permission to Reproduce
Help & FAQ
POTATO - NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
Top 50 Tech Terms that are now Common Expressions - NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
Top 50 PopularText & Chat Acronyms & IM Shorthand - NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
The Largest List of Chat Acronyms and Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
Lists of Top 50 Internet Terms - NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
Top 50 Funniest Terms used in the Online World
all your base are belong to us
- An incoherent line from a Japanese video game called Zero Wing, it became a geek hipster...
angry garden salad
- Slang for a poorly designed Web site GUI with incorrect code behind it (so that if...
- A funny take on emoticons, "assicons" (like boobiecons) involve another body part....
- Another funny take on emoticons, "boobiecons" (like assicons) involve another body...
- A nickname for a person who just has to have a Starbucks coffee or other type of roadie...
- Slang for chilling and relaxing, as in "What up? Not much, just chillaxin."
chips and salsa
- Chips refers to computer hardware. Salso refers to software. For example you may hear...
- When a multitude of things go wrong on a computer system, at the same time, because...
- A visually noisy or over-designed Web site, usually with too many graphics and too...
- A badly written or totally useless Java applet, as in, "I just wasted thirty minutes...
- Gratuitous animated GIFs and other Web special effects that are used to impress clients....
- Another name for your online persona, for example, the founder of NetLingo's "digital...
- When you use two computers at the same time. "Triple-geeking" is using three computers...
- A hidden element written into a program or placed on a Web site. Basically, it is...
eating your own dog food
- When a computer company uses its own software for internal projects, it is said to...
- Traditionally, an "echo chamber" describes a group of media outlets that tend to parrot...
- To make an error in typing, as in, "Oops, I didn't see that misspelling. I must have...
- When an online discussion degenerates into a series of personal attacks against the...
- An inane, witty, or profound comment that can be found around the net. When you come...
- Slang for spam sent to you by your friends or family.
- Slang for a company that hires NCGs, places them in high-pressure positions, but pays...
- To "get it" or to understand something so completely that you absorb it and practically...
- Any tangled mess. Often refers to poorly written computer code with Microsoft's name...
- An acronym, actually an expression, used among tech support personnel to disguise...
- Unlike spam, which is unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE), meatloaf is unsolicited...
middle school dance
- Slang for a situation in which two pieces of equipment are both waiting for the other...
- The fraction of time it takes to realize you've just goofed; for example, right after...
open your kimono
- Silicon Valley slang for revealing your business idea to someone after he or she signs an NDA.
- As in, "What a PITA," it is an acronym used primarily in texting, online chat, instant...
- To kill (or filter-out) a particular person's messages from the newsgroups you read....
- This is what's known as a hilarious acronym to describe "People Over Thirty Acting...
- In geek speak it is slang for when someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube...
- A designer who's become a compulsive digital manipulator or Photoshop abuser, as in...
- The inclusions added to e-mail messages when a server or recipient cannot be found....
- Workplace slang that refers to the experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream...
- Netizens who publish their journals, diaries, and daily ramblings on the Web and organize...
- In general, this is slang for people who find tools on the Internet and use those...
- A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps over everything, and then leaves.
- Office jargon for the coolest girl in the company, the one that all the programmers...
- Nicknames for cities and areas with a heavy concentration of high-tech firms. "Siliconia"...
- An e-mail message sent to a large number of people without consent, also known as...
- "Splogs" are amateur blogs with mostly stolen content that are published by spurious...
- Popular entertainment in general. Traditionally this term referred to TV shows like...
- Based on a phony e-mail message about a fellow named Turklebaum (who allegedly died...
- To cross-post to an excessive number of newsgroups.
- A favorite term by those in the industry, a "walled garden" refers to certain Web...
- Office slang for a person who raises their hip in an effort to swipe their electronic...
- This word is considered by many users to be a catchall term for software which includes...
- Gossip or information spread via the net, usually through e-mail, blogs or newsgroup postings.
- E-mail messages that arrive with no text in the message body.
NetLingo List of Online Jargon
Largest List of Acronyms and Text Message Shorthand
NetLingo Top 50 Funniest Terms used in the Online World (PDF)
NetLingo Partner Links:
Best-Selling Internet & Social Media Books
© 1995-2014 NetLingo is a registered trademark ® All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part requires written permission.
Website hosting and development by
Website hosting and development by